Monday, January 21, 2008

Proposed Date: Saturday, November 29th, 2008

I talked to Mom this morning. Daddy did not like the idea of having in the summer, he said it was too far away from Anniversary Date. They both want it near Dec 6th

I didn't say anything about Thanksgiving weekend. She just says during day for a few hours. She said they wanted to invite former employees including Gary and Phil. I asked if we could get Richard's help with these. She said yes.

(So I was thinking maybe Katrina, you could call him and ask him for help with names. addresses. phone numbers.)

I asked Mom if she would start by helping with names, addresses, and phone numbers of people to invite and give them to Amy and Brock to enter into the computer to get them to all of us. She said she would start to work on that. She was glad we were starting early, the people that would be coming like to plan their calendar early.

So I think that would make the date Saturday, November 29th, 2008. Maybe we could mail out a postcard in Feb/March with a hold this date notice.

8 comments:

BYUfansr8 said...

Sounds great! Glad we asked their opinion on this! I think it will work out just great! Something fun and exciting to look forward to!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds good to me!

Jackie said...

Great!! I like to post card -- hold the date! Then we have time to plan! Thanks for your help Carole Mae.

Katrina and Jim said...

I'm glad we asked also.

I would love to call Richard, I was also going to call Aunt Joan and have her get her brain working on what everything looked like, if she might have any other pictures then the ones mom has in her album.

I will get ahold of Brock or Amy to get the phone numbers for me.

Cheryl Christman said...

I don't know who said this was gonna be a secret, but before I got here mom was giving me employees names, neighbors, etc and making the list. She seems to know there's a big party but doesn't know the date.

Cheryl Christman said...

We got pretty far on the list, now we'll start working on putting addresses to the names.

Carole said...

Cheryl –
Mom and Dad know we are having a party, we had them pick if they wanted it in Summer or near Dec 6th.
BUT we want them to think it will be AT THE HOUSE!!! And very simple !!!!
Thanks for your help with the names and addresses (and hopefully phone numbers, because we’d like to call everyone personally at some point over the course of this year.

Carole said...

Can we get any updates on names/addresses/phone # entered into the computer ?? How many do we have entered?

What about the photos from the wedding scanned in? Has that been started?

Mom had mentioned she was working on a name list and trying to find addresses.