Friday, January 4, 2008

Our Mantle (thanks to some Christmas gifts)!!


I put up some of the things I got for Christmas- Jackie's wooden saying, clock (from Mom & Dad- sounds great, by the way!), & the autograph from Elizabeth of Clarence Thomas (if you don't know who that is - just ask Ed :-). I think it looks great. David thinks I need to make another board similar to the one Jackie made that says, "Home of the brave" to put on top of our picture of George Washington (any time, Elizabeth, you want to give me your same picture that is much bigger than mine- I'll switch! :-) and then put this saying above my 9-11 picture. Great idea but not something I am going to do today!!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

It's beautiful!! Glad we could help a little!

Elizabeth said...

Ron said "Your family is really serious about this patriotic stuff, aren't they?"

You bet we are!!

Looks great - especially the picture of me and future President Romney. :-)

Carole said...

It all looks really good there.

I ordered my cuckoo clock parts and they arrived about 2-3 days ago. We have the clock up and running in the entry and we are loving it! I'm still working on adjusting the timing perfectly, the first two days it was running about a 1/2 hour slow, this morning I adjusted it and it's runnning 5 mins fast :) I still need to have it cleaned, but it's working! Jackie how is your cuckoo clock coming?

Jackie said...

Our cuckoo clock is still sitting on the couch where I put it when we came home from Chritmas :( Not as organized as you! I have to call a clock place to have it cleaned. Ed thinks that is all it needs.